[pianotech] Gen-u-whine Steinway parts

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Apr 30 15:29:45 MDT 2012

I hope y'all weren't thinking that there was no one out there who actually
thought that way!  My only surprise is that you (Dale) haven't run into one
before.   I think it was Del who said to me once that the piano world was
divided into two basic camps, those you have had things happen and those who
have yet to have things happen, or something like that.  I guess you've
crossed over.

I get asked that question all the time by people about everything from
hammer replacement, action rebuilds, stringing jobs, and new soundboards.
How you respond is everything (as Ed Foote suggested).  Some people will
only buy Steinways from Steinway and some will only buy them if they are not
from Steinway (or the Steinway dealer).  It's cuts both ways and isn't that
big a deal.   You benefit from doing it differently as often as it seems
like it might hurt you.  Mostly, you probably benefit.

So quit whining and get on wit ya life (that would be a grin).   People get
the piano they deserve generally.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com