[pianotech] SPAM was Possible virus: was re: cramped space

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Mon Apr 23 11:26:59 MDT 2012

On 04/23/2012 12:14 PM, Terry Beckingham wrote:
> Wim
>
> The email below has come from you. It is SPAM or someone phishing. I tried to reply directly to you and it does not
> permit me to do so, so I am replying via this list. Please check your computer for viruses or other malicious software.
>
> Terry Beckingham
<snip>

This is SPAM because a Linux command "whois" tells that the IP address came from Madrid, Spain.

dahechler at dahechler:~> whois 80.38.212.233
% This is the RIPE Database query service.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
%
% The RIPE Database is subject to Terms and Conditions.
% See http://www.ripe.net/db/support/db-terms-conditions.pdf

% Note: this output has been filtered.
%       To receive output for a database update, use the "-B" flag.

% Information related to '80.36.0.0 - 80.39.255.255'

inetnum:        80.36.0.0 - 80.39.255.255
netname:        RIMA
descr:          Telefonica de Espana SAU
descr:          Red de servicios IP
descr:          Spain
country:        ES
admin-c:        ATdE1-RIPE
tech-c:         TTdE1-RIPE
status:         ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by:         MAINT-AS3352
mnt-lower:      MAINT-AS3352
mnt-routes:     MAINT-AS3352
source:         RIPE # Filtered

role:            Administradores Telefonica de Espana
address:         Ronda de la Comunicacion s/n
address:         Edificio Norte 1, planta 6
address:         28050 Madrid
address:         SPAIN
org:             ORG-TDE1-RIPE
admin-c:         ATDE1-RIPE
tech-c:          TTDE1-RIPE
nic-hdl:         ATDE1-RIPE
mnt-by:          MAINT-AS3352
abuse-mailbox:   nemesys at telefonica.es
source:          RIPE # Filtered

role:           Tecnicos Telefonica de Espana
address:        Ronda de la Comunicacion S/N
address:        28050-MADRID
address:        SPAIN
org:            ORG-TDE1-RIPE
admin-c:        TTE2-RIPE
tech-c:         TTE2-RIPE
nic-hdl:        TTdE1-RIPE
mnt-by:         MAINT-AS3352
abuse-mailbox:  nemesys at telefonica.es
source:         RIPE # Filtered

% Information related to '80.38.0.0/16AS3352'

route:          80.38.0.0/16
descr:          RIMA (Red IP Multi Acceso)
origin:         AS3352
mnt-by:         MAINT-AS3352
source:         RIPE # Filtered

% This query was served by the RIPE Database Query Service version 1.6.12 (WHOIS2)

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years