[pianotech] Blah, Blah, Blah,....Estate Sale

jim at grandpianosolutions.com jim at grandpianosolutions.com
Mon Apr 23 09:03:57 MDT 2012

>  And where do you get your information? A ouiji board?

Not so fast bubba<G>   Besides, I created a great excel macro that lets
me play Oujii with my computer's randomly functioning hard drive.

These #'s are taken off of a current victim in the shop, late 1860's
miller square. I've measure the entire scale.  Unison speaking lengths are in fact:

wound bichords- 10-15mm differential

plain wire bichords tenor- though A3 appox 20mm

bichords though A4 approx 10mm

bichords to A5 starts to reduce to 6-8mm

last section bichords more in the 2-3mm department

I think its a reasonable question, and one asked not from a judgmental
standpoint, but from a "how will this efffect the overall sound of the
instrument. Maybe it will not have a big effect on the unisons...I will
see for my self in a bit, but was itchy to know what one realistically
can expect.

Jim Ialeggio

--
Jim Ialeggio