[pianotech] Christman Grand

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Apr 22 21:56:45 MDT 2012

On 4/22/2012 10:39 PM, David Love wrote:
> Well, it has a longer backscale than a Steinway M.  I haven't actually heard
> the piano yet.

And easily twice that of a M&H A. With vertical hitches, low bass cores
that don't qualify as tone bars, and a float, it's workable. I'd like to
see the transition a little further forward to keep the lengths shorter
and make the wraps bigger, and the agraffe line offset back for the
strike ratio. It might not be a problem in that small a piano though.

Very interesting.
Ron N