[pianotech] FW: FUMC Estate Sale - Piano

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 22 09:33:54 MDT 2012

A friend sent this to me, wondering if it might be worth buying for her son.
She is a reverend, and cannot afford to light campfires with $100 bills at
all.   I'd appreciate comments on this from people who know about technical
stuff, but who also know if a square in 21st century really might be a
viable instrument to a person who is not going to be a high level performer,
specializing in Period Music.   Thanks,

Les bartlett

  _____

Hello to all of our great customers.

We do not have a sale scheduled until May 18 & 19.  We have not yet begun
work on the sale, so will not have a list and photos until early May.
However, there is one item in the sale we want to tell you about.

There is an Emerson square grand piano.  The piano was made about 1885, and
is truly beautiful.  For someone who wants this piano as a musical
instrument to play, it would have to be restored.   Without restoration, it
is just a pretty piece of furniture.   It would be perfect for a house
museum.   We are asking $3000 for this piano.  After restoration, its value
would be $25,000 to $30,000.

If you want this piano for yourself, great.  If you know of anyone who might
be interested, we would appreciate your sending this information to them.

Here is the link to photos and additional information about this Emerson
square grand piano.

Piano <http://fumcestatesales.netfirms.com/Emerson-piano-contact-Linda.jpg>

First United Methodist Church

Estate Sale Committee