[pianotech] A new use for piano benches

Paul Williams pwilliams4 at unl.edu
Fri Apr 20 15:01:53 MDT 2012

That might not be the best way around it Arlie.  Please don't EVER do that
again!

Our dog committed "doggiscide" wrapping herself around and around a tree
stump while we weren't home for the day and she must have gone around and
around a stump one too many times;(still don't know how she got up there)
probably chasing a bunny or something...or it could have been a ups guy or
whatever.

I got home on Mothers Day from tuning for a special event to find her
"sleeping" (it appeared so when I got home, until I got out of the car and
she didn't move!) We had her for 14.5 years. A wonderful lab/weimeriner
mix we called "Honey Dog". The dog run was wrapped so tightly around a
stump that I had to get out the bolt cutters to free her line! She was
"laying" in her favorite spot in the corner of the backyard. So weird.
Protecting her "area" I'm guessing. She was never mean to anybody ever.
Rarely barked. Just your dream dog. She growled at one person once, who we
found out was later arrested for home robbery down the road. More strange
good vibes from this pooch!

Fortunately, my wife and then 8 year old son were out of town seeing our
god-daughter. I had to take her to the vet for creamation the next morning
and cried and cried all night! Loved that doggie! I still miss her
terribly, but now have a great Havanese fluffy mop, and a new Husky the
lover dog we call Luna (actually Honey's first name, but it didn't stick!)

Be careful how to handle the crazy dogs!

Sorry for the long post; BUT HERE'S THE PIANO TECH RELEVANCE:

After this when I approach a home when nobody there; if a crazy dog seems
non friendly; just leave a phone or email message. A rescheduled
appointment isn't going to ruin your life!  There are other ways to ruin
your day or life!!

Paul