[pianotech] A new use for piano benches

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:01:29 MDT 2012

I think you were lucky. Good work with the bench.

I was underneath a unique art deco Steinway M once, when I came to the attention of a _pair_ of large dogs. The breed didn't seem important; all dogs naturally form into packs, the danger increasing exponentially with the number and size of animals in the pack. I was genuinely frightened, and I normally get along exceptionally well with clients' dogs. I inched out from under the piano and onto my feet, gathered my tools, and left the house without saying a word, very happy to still be intact. Never heard from the customer. Would love to still be fawning over that art deco Steinway -- without the dogs.

Kent