[pianotech] Kawai Pedal Lock Nuts

Paul Milesi paul at pmpiano.com
Tue Apr 17 12:57:59 MDT 2012

I confess I cannot knowledgeably describe how this alignment thing works,
but I do know that I have tightened (with appropriate tools) two nuts
together on the same threaded shaft, only to have them turn easily and
smoothly as one.  Obviously others have experienced this as well.  I have
always imagined it to be the beginning/ending threads were in some
relationship to one another where one left off, the other begins sort of
thing.  Yes, I know . . . .  I find your opposing directions notion
interesting, and not one I've previously entertained.  I'll have to think
about this more, and see if I can't experiment at some point, ideally with
a rod that's not stuck up under a piano!

Paul Milesi RPT
Washington DC
(202) 246-3136 Cell/Text
paul at pmpiano.com