[pianotech] transferring clients

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Mon Apr 16 07:14:23 MDT 2012

I've been acquiring customers from a local tech who's slowly retiring.
Every month he sends letters to his customers in their tuning-anniversary
month (e.g. if he last tuned them in May 2006, they'll get a letter in
late-April/early May 2012). The letter offers a bit of information about my
background and a vote of confidence in my abilities (which I think,
frankly, pale by comparison to his!)  Also enclosed in the letter is my
business card.

He gives me a copy of each customer's record and I follow up with a phone
call (or two or four or eight until I talk to someone!)  Many people are
disappointed that he's retiring, but almost without exception they take him
at his word that (a) he's retiring and (b) I'll serve them well. Tom G
asked earlier in this thread about how the letter of introduction was
worded... I imagine that his well-worded letter has a lot to do with my
broad acceptance to his customers, as does my attitude on the phone and in
person.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN