[pianotech] Finding new hammers for a Wulitzer Spinet

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 11 22:22:19 MDT 2012

"I have been asked to restore a Wurlitzer Spinet c.1942
Please don't ask the obvious questions, why, shouldn't it just be burned,
etc. I already went through all of that with the customer. She is adamant
that it is a family "heirloom" that she wants restored, for herself & her
daughter after her.

Now to my problem, the hammers need to be replaced, I'm at a loss where to
begin looking for hammers that will work. Since spinets haven't been made
for a decade or more, where would one look for replacement hammers?
All suggestions welcome, for finding hammers, other suggestions
regarding the job not so much, it has been taken, I can't rescind my
decision now.

As many of us often say, it all spends"

Mike,
I would suggest Ronsen Hammers. If Ray can't do it, nobody can.<G>
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police