[pianotech] priorities

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Apr 5 21:46:54 MDT 2012

On 4/5/2012 8:11 PM, tnrwim at aol.com wrote:
> We have a different opinion and solution to this problem. Ok. But now
> the next question. Instead of being stood up at the door, what if she
> calls (pick one), an hour, two hours, the night before, a day before,
> any time, which doesn't allow you enough time to schedule someone else
> in that time slot, do you still charge her for lost income and a no
> show?

No, because it wasn't a no show. Due consideration was shown in calling
and cancelling, rather than just letting me find out after wasting time
and gas getting there. Customers have scheduling problems like we do,
with lesser fleas upon their backs to bite 'em.

>I realize travel time is worth something, and since I was staying
> home to work in the shop anyway, the time was not wasted. But what if
> its the first appointment of the day, and you've got several others to
> do? Wasted time is wasted time.

Who you gonna charge when nobody answers your list questions? Or when no
one likes your answer and you wasted your time? Hey, we don't tip either.
Ron N