[pianotech] Help - Can you name this piano?

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:25:09 MDT 2012

Mike,

Thanks for all your help and input on this piano. I decided to restring, scrape, shim and varnish the soundboard. Turning out to be a very nice piano.

Buy the way, I thought you would like to know, as my wife was touching up all the piano parts, she discovered the name of the piano written under the fallboard rail. It is a Hallet Davis. I check out the Hallet Davis serial numbers and it matches up with the date that I found on one of the keys. I've ordered a decal, so I can give it back it's name.

Al -
High Point, NC

On Nov 14, 2011, at 6:12 PM, Mike Spalding wrote:

Sounded pretty good for a modest 5' 2 or 3.  The strength of the piano is the WN&G action, with some new parts including Ronsen Wurzen hammers.  Even touch from end to end, and voiceable hammers, go a long way towards making a satisfying instrument.

Mike