[pianotech] Key lead fix

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Thu Apr 5 08:37:20 MDT 2012

Jurgen, thank you for those thoughts, very well expressed!  And Al, for
your agreement!

There is no doubt that complete keyboard overhaul is what is required.
I will explain this to the client. She is a very gracious and pleasant
lady. But there may be other calls on finances.

My issue, really, is  what to do in the meantime so that the piano is
playable by next week. I removed the swollen leads from the split keys
and have successfully glued the keys, so now they are back 'together'
but with some empty holes.

I think Mike's suggestion is right - leave the holes empty as long as
those notes don't feel too weird, in terms of downweight/upweight.

I will let you know how things progress!

Best regards,

David.