[pianotech] Key lead fix?

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Thu Apr 5 04:42:09 MDT 2012

Mike, Laura and Joe (off list),

Thanks for those comments.  Laura, I don't have any leads.  Mike, that's
exactly what I thought, about filling the holds with anything else - it
would only have to be removed later. Minimal interference pending later
complete job, is my thinking at the moment. Mike, thanks for the
suggestion about comparing the downweight, great. My feeling is that it
will be acceptable, especially compared to how the piano has been with
rubbing leads!   Joe, you suggested doing complete job now. Can't, as
piano is needed for visitors (of high station - this piano is in an
ancestral seat) coming soon.  But will certainly expalin what the
complete job entails, and that it ought to be done.

Best regards,

David.