[pianotech] Chicago Radio Ads

David Porritt dmporritt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 08:44:03 MDT 2011

There are no other professions exactly like ours and no credential exactly
like the RPT credential.  The closest I can think of is accounting where you
can work as you choose or decide you want the CPA credential.  I've known
people who were CPAs and those who weren't.  Some who weren't didn't see
enough benefit to becoming a CPA.  Some who weren't failed the exam.  Some
who weren't were afraid they would fail the exam.  This is where I think the
parallel is most like us.

The qualifications, the advantages etc. have not changed in the PTG for a
long time.  This "it's unfair" thing is not new.  Either pass the tests or
don't.  Your choice.

The RPTs I know don't think they're better than others, they've just
demonstrated a certain level of competence that other's haven't.  The
associate may indeed have that competence, they just haven't shown it.
That's all!

Can't we get past this
I'm-as-good-as-you-I-just-don't-want-to-take-the-tests thing!  It's just
silly!

Take the tests.  Don't take the tests.  Your choice - then be comfortable
with your choice.

dp

David M. Porritt

dmporritt at gmail.com