[pianotech] water damage

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Fri Oct 28 11:15:07 MDT 2011

Forget this nut job, and move on. You don't need that kind of customer.

I tend to agree here.  It’s indeed safer to let the guy go with someone else and be upset with them instead of you.  Generally speaking, that’s the avenue this call will go down anyway.

You could schedule the call with him complying with his desires for the moment.  He’s most likely upset with the original event and the person that did the deed.  After assessing the damages in person make sure he understands the extent of the water damage and put it in writing.  Repair only what he’s willing to pay for and document the rest to save yourself from additional (non-income related) traffic.  Personally, the possible and almost certain additional conversation with this guy will eat up all of your fee to fix the piano cheaply.  And so we’re back to the suggestions of the first two sentences of this response.

Lar