[pianotech] FYI

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue Oct 18 11:32:22 MDT 2011

On 10/17/2011 08:24 PM, tnrwim at aol.com wrote:

>     I wonder too if your 'bitchin' ultimatum' was directed at all those who had expressed regret at the list's demise
>     (and who are still using it), or was it just special for Duaine, who, thank goodness, is not easily provoked.
>     Just askin'.
>     David Skolnik
>

> The remark is aimed at those who cannot accept that the PTG is moving forward with new technology.
> Wim

Wim, lets put it this way.....

When I was in the IT (Computer) World, I was asked to choke down things to do that were just plain wrong, unethical,
stupid, directly against company policy - which these were called exceptions. Ultimately I had to do them or get fired.

i - may - be speaking for many - I don't know, however in this situation, we can accept that the PTG is moving forward
with new technology BUT, yes, it's our loss, we do not HAVE to use it until I (we) feel is just as friendly and as
usable as the current list. Furthermore, I dare say, that when this force in shift is done, you will lose a lot of
persons until they feel it is worth all the hassles of using it.

And now that I'm on my soapbox, I'll stir the cauldron a little..... I got this quote from a fellow Associate

Comparing the tuning technologies to Engineering technologies......

would be like telling a modern day Engineer that could be utilizing computer technology, that you would have to pass the
tests of ALL you're calculations and drawings would HAVE to be done with an old fashioned Slide-rule, squares and paper.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years