[pianotech] Help with a Young Chang plate

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Thu Oct 13 17:08:09 MDT 2011

Hi Stan:

Pat's plate stitching suggestion may well be a good alternative.  But I have
to ask:  isn't this piano still under warranty?  A cracked plate can
certainly be considered a major structural defect, and if a replacement
plate is not available because of a model change, then Young Chang may well
be obligated to replace the piano.  Lacking other solutions that they could
endorse, they would otherwise not be honoring their warranty.

Let me ask a dumb question.  Is there evidence that the piano has lost its
ability to hold a tuning?

Will Truitt