[pianotech] Help with a Young Chang plate

J. Stanley Ryberg jstan40 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 13 15:23:46 MDT 2011

I'm
 placing this request on the List for a friend, who is an RPT
rebuilder/technician/pianist.  The piano is a Young Chang G150, Serial
#80xxx, which should put it in the '02-'03 area.  It is physically
sound, cosmetically near-perfect, as much as a small grand in its price
range can be.  A short time ago, the lady who owns it called to report a
 loud "BANG!"...and there is now a crack right in the middle of the
range, going from an agraffe to the front-row tuning pin.
Everything looks fine, nothing out of place, plate bearing bolt in
place correctly, no obvious problems
 (other than the crack).  He has been able to reach Sam at Young Chang,
who said that a new plate is out of the question, that model having been
 superseded some time ago.  What my friend would like to know is whether
 anyone has, or knows of a piano of this model (cosmetics obviously not
important) with an intact plate, that might be for sale at a reasonable
price.  Or, better yet, does someone just happen to have a plate for
this model taking up space in an otherwise pristine shop?  (He didn't
say, but I'd think anywhere in the midwest, not too far from the Chicago
 area would be preferable...Wim, I don't think he wants one from your
territory!  )

Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice!

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
jstan40 at sbcglobal.net

Stan Ryberg