[pianotech] EZ outs oooops!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 3 08:28:14 MDT 2011

Wim,
I've done the same thing. Solution: A hollow tube that will 'just' slide
over the shank of the screw. (I've made these, but you can buy them from
Woodcrafters, et al.) This 'tube' is chucked in a reversible drill. There
are saw teeth on the working end. The thing will allow you to 'drill' down
around the screw shank until it binds. Because it is in "reverse" it will
grab the screw and turn it out!<G> Once the screw is  out, plug the hole
with a plug of pinblock material. Let the glue set up and then redrill for
a new screw.
I hope that helps.
Joe
P.S. I won't say "I told ya so".<G>