[pianotech] Cleaning Key Stick Sides

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 2 21:46:58 MDT 2011

David B asked: "What do folks prefer, for cleaning the sides of keysticks,
when
replacing key coverings, or when key coverings are OK and you just want
to clean the sides?"

David,
I've found that warm clorine water is just fine. I use olde sweat socks,
inside/out, just damp, and give them a good scrub. I disccovered this when
I started using PVC-E to attach key tops. I had to clean the excess glue
off, else it would gum up my key trimmer blades. Kinda kills two birds with
the same load of birdshot.<G>
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.