[pianotech] other piano concerns questions

Tom Gorley tomgorley88 at sonic.net
Sun Oct 2 21:12:52 MDT 2011

Marshall, You can ease a balance rail key by removing the key upstop rail, and then lift the key 1/2 inch.  Then use key easing pliers. But be sure that it's the upper part of the hole that needs the easing.

But, if you have a customer telling you that a key is sticking, that could mean that a damper is leaking . . . or a dozen other meanings.  To some customers, if a note is doing anything unusual, they describe it as "sticking."