[pianotech] piano behavior - shrinking with H20 & alcohol - list mechanics

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 08:15:31 MST 2011

David, If you are referring to your suggestion that alcohol-water solutions
rather than naphtha be applied to stuck Baldwin centers, one reason might
be the alcoho-water procedure was the manufacturer's suggested procedure. I
know naphtha has been a traditional (perhaps even taught by Bill Garlick at
NBSS in the '70s?) approach, but I have never been enamored by that choice.
I tend to find tight Baldwin centers gummy with some waxy substance, and
either ream (Mannino style) and repin