[pianotech] piano behavior - shrinking with H20 & alcohol - list mechanics

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Sun Nov 27 06:33:09 MST 2011

I'm certain there are and, no, I've continued to depend upon my aging
but functioning Eudora, to which I download and separately filter the
various list options - caut from Pianotech at egroups from
pianotech at ptg.org, etc.  Always individual, never from digests.
Unfortunately, you were deflected by the term "thread".  In this
particular case, I'm talking about a problem on our older, esteemed
pianotech list, not the new one.  I was pointing out that the
'thread'  (Rick Ucci) seemed to be responding to a post (from Chris
Storch) that I, for one, never received.  That, in conjunction with
other comments about transmission anomalies made me wonder what was happening.

I continue to wonder why there is no further discussion about the
disposition of this list.  You would say to me, well how come you
haven't said anything.  You're right. I'll try once more. Not here.

With regard to threading on the new list, while it may not be the
most egregious flaw, it has been a glaring one for me.  Even allowing
for your principled refusal to accommodate the rigidity of the reply
mechanism, to wit, every one of your posts becomes a thread unto
itself, the insanity of the organizational algorithm (again, of the
new list) is not chronological, but rather, by the tree of 'last
reply' (my description).  I don't even want to talk about it
here.  It's (to me) insane, and irrelevant.

The absence of spell check...now there's a real disaster in waiting.

Meanwhile, what's the chance that my original question might be
addressed, or at least deemed equally irrelevant?

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY