[pianotech] nomenclature

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 21:08:59 MST 2011

     On this subject, when you techs fill out your invoices, not for an
extensive rebuild, but just everyday small repairs and minor adjustments,
do you use "official" tech-y nomenclature, so that it looks like you really
know your stuff, or do you use everyday language so that the client
understands what you did?
     (Ex.:  "Removed action, tightened all flange screws, replaced action,
spaced hammers, regulated lost motion and let-off."  or  "Took the
mechanism out, tightened screws for all the parts, put mechanism back in
piano, aligned hammers to strings, took out the excess "play" in the
keystroke, adjusted the hammer release point."  ?)
     --David Nereson, RPT