[pianotech] Tone Building

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Mon May 30 07:52:39 MDT 2011

More information needed. What type of hammer, how new is "fairly new" and
how much has it been played?  Also, words can get in the way here - I'm not
sure I understand what "less initial clutter" means.

Shape of the strike point comes to mind.  It doesn't take much wear to the
top of the hammer to change the attack character.

Don Mannino