[pianotech] Experiences of Temperature on Tuning Stability Inquiry...

Zachary LaMotte zachlamotte at gmail.com
Mon May 9 09:17:54 MDT 2011

Dear Fellow Mailing-List Members-

I am Zach LaMotte (current student at CSPT and newly applied associate
member for the PTG!).  After extensive research on past discussions in the
forums, I have found a lack of talk on the effect of temperature on tuning
stability.  I am well-read on the impact humidity plays on the piano.

I am requesting (kindly asking/begging) for any experiences, references,
crazy stories, where any of you may have had temperature, not humidity,
playing a factor on tuning stability. This could be an outside concert
situation, stage light situation, mother-in-law making you raise the
temperature in the house situation, etc.  I will be conducting a
temperature-based experiment and will share my findings once the experiment
is finished.  Thanking all of you in advance.

-Zachary LaMotte
"Aspiring Piano Tuner"

--
Be Well,