[pianotech] teaching money,(was Irritated )

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Thu Jun 30 12:29:35 MDT 2011

Well, this brings up another discussion that is, in my opinion, long
overdue. And that is the increasing difficulty of trying to make the annual
convention appeal to technicians of every experience and skill level. Given
the current economic conditions it may become a discussion we have to have
whether we want it or not.

One of the things that makes both siting and producing the annual convention
is this perceived need to be everything for everybody. But does it really
have to be this? We also produce many state and regional conferences.
Perhaps it is time-finally-to have a serious discussion about how these
conferences and conventions overlap.

If we did not demand that the annual convention provide testing, elementary
tutoring and introductory instruction the size and space requirements would
be significantly reduced. State and regional conferences already offer these
services and could be encouraged to expand these.

Of course, this would (might?) reduce the attendance at the annual
convention but does anyone know by how much? It would be worth the effort, I
think, to at least investigate the possibilities.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich

Piano Design & Fabrication

6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA

Phone  360.515.0119 - Cell  360.388.6525

del at fandrichpiano.com  <mailto:del at fandrichpiano.com> - ddfandrich at gmail.com