[pianotech] Capo Bar

Tony Caught acaught at internode.on.net
Thu Jun 30 03:06:52 MDT 2011

Don, Joe,

Thanks heaps.

This piano I resrung about 10 years ago Serial No. 3750200. Yes I did file
the capo bar down at the time, now I am getting that buzzing noise from
about E6 up. I loosened a few strings and felt the grooves in the bar,
seemed to be quite deep. Put tension back on then moved the three strings on
a bad note from side to side and found that this fixed the problem.
Temporally anyway. I am guessing that the bar was not hardened originally
and am trying to find out if you can treat the bar without the expense of a
bebuild.

Joe, the last time I looked at my saved emails it was over 4 gig. I shall
have to sort them out one day.

Tony

Tony Caught

acaught at internode.on.net