[pianotech] Really, really irritated with the New forum system

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Wed Jun 29 15:36:07 MDT 2011

Duaine,

I feel you have the right reasons for doing this, and you are kind to offer
to run an alternate forum.  It is a good idea - but not one that serves the
PTG members in general.

We WANT the PTG to administer the e-mail lists as they have in the past.  We
like having that central location to go to for subscribing, changing
options, and looking into archives.  Splintering into a bunch of independent
forums is contrary to the main purpose of the list - to consolidate and
provide one place to do our technical discussions, plus administer it and
all.

Piano World's technician forum is already an excellent place to do this, but
it is weighted down quite a bit by being open to everyone in the world to
post to.  Having PTG administer a variety of lists with special interests is
a more valuable way to go, they have just mangled it with this software
change.

Don Mannino