[pianotech] [pianotech Irritated with the New forum system and organization

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 12:53:42 MDT 2011

John
 Ok, I got my soap box....
 SO once again the weight of the government/governing body and its concerns outweighs the real needs of those who pay to support it?  Is this the case? hmmm>?

We need the organization to add a mission statement that this organization, PTG, is primarily an educational entity. Should seem obvious but not if you look at what instructors are NOT at the national convention this year. Back surgeries aside,...Is it just me, but are the Non-sponsored instructors less valued than the sponsored ones? Answer....Follow the money.

 Sponsored ones cost the organization zip. Non-sponsored ones are not reimbursed enough to even pay there expenses let alone the time off to prepare and travel etc. Seems short sighted planning considering many of the  non-sponsored, non marketing, ones often bring in more paying attendees. I get the,  oh but , yes, but, this is the way we give back to the organization. My answer....But, many have been for a looong time and at their own expense. I wonder how many registrants would actually come sign up  if they were penalized a weeks salary, plus pay the registration fes/hotel fees to attend.

 May I humbly submit that all Instructors routinely spend more than that prepping for classes.

 Very Seriously.....For me and others, considering the economy, sometimes its the choice between me paying out of my own pocket to teach others or.... taking a vacation.  hmmm...think I'm going fishing in Alaska next month.

  Just another organizational beef I'd like to air while we're at it. Perhaps change the topic header next time

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
209-577-8397
209-985-0990