[pianotech] Rebushing Keys

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 08:16:47 MDT 2011

I also agree with cost of time vs. cost of bushing material.

 Time is free, Bushing cloth is not. To a certain extent. So let me re-phrase that. If you have the time, it's "free".

I would rather pay Steinway or Brooks, to hang a set of hammers, than take the time to do it myself. Not only because they do a better job, but for the amount of time I take to hang a set of hammers, I can do more productive things.

But how much longer does it take to do a set of bushing with BM, as opposed to Spurlock. I haven't done a set for a long time, but it used to take me about two hours to rebush a set of keys with Spurlock. (Not counting drying time). Will the BM method save me an hour, or just 15 minutes?

Wim