[pianotech] Really, really irritated with the New forum system/ Ron Nossaman version

Michael Spreeman m_spreeman at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 07:54:10 MDT 2011

Sorry Ron, I forgot to trim that before sending!

From: m_spreeman at hotmail.com
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 07:27:19 -0600
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Really, really irritated with the New forum system

In an attempt to make a somewhat informed comment/query about the new system, I ventured in through the tall grass and created my 1st post.  What is uncertain, to me anyway, is whether the post translates over to the old list. So I thought I would copy and paste it over here just in case:
After reading through the posts on the "old" list titled " really really irritated with the New forum system" , combined with all initial whining and complaining when it was launched, I must admit that curiosity has gotten the best of me.  I also realized that, although I've set up the new account, I've never posted with the new system; so I thought I'd give it go.  Holy smokes.  15 clicks later I finally navigated my way to where I can post something. Not to mention the additional time involved with waiting for the system to load and respond.  I participate in several online forums and would have to say that this has been the most difficult to work with. Perhaps it's because the forum is combined with the home page, members area, and all that goes along with this. So I can definitely attest to the frustration of a 1st time poster, although I'm sure the next post will require significantly less time and effort. That aside, what really caught my attention was the comment about the cost (financial and overall, as Ron Nossaman stated) of the new system.  What is the total cost (financial) of this new system?  With all the comments and questions about technical issues of posting photos, missing posts, disappearing posts, actual expenses, and an impression that the concerns are not being addressed, could someone involved with the implementation and support of the new system please comment?   Many thanks.

 Michael Spreeman
www.RavenscroftPianos.com

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT