[pianotech] Really, really irritated with the New forum system

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Jun 28 19:32:03 MDT 2011

On 6/28/2011 6:34 PM, Encore Pianos wrote:
>  I have to
> question how much value those who were responsible for setting up this
> system place on the forum, or they would have payed a lot more attention
> to how it was actually being used by us.

Little to none, nearly as I can tell. The change was made for
administrative reasons and benefits. We're just a complication.

>No one is willing to say how much this thing cost – did
> we get this program out of the $5 bin at Walmart?

Hardly the $5 bin, and the question isn't what it cost, but what it's
costing. It wasn't purchased outright. It's an ongoing perpetual expense
of (still) unspecified cost, and the entire structure of the PTG is in
the hands and whim of the suppliers of this alleged system. That ought
to be comforting to everyone.

> I think that the Forum had become one of the very best resources for a
> great many Guild members. A year ago, it was lively and vital. Not so
> much now. Have they killed the goose that laid the golden egg? Do they
> even care?

Go with what you see. The fact that you fell back on the old soon to be
ditched system to even get a post off ought to be a pretty good
indication of reasonable expectation from the new system.

Ron N