[pianotech] Soundboard Analysis

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Thu Jun 23 04:16:10 MDT 2011

Hi Ron:

I don't think it assumes a more perfect world.  It has its limitations, as I
am aware and which you and others point out.  And yes, a string or longer
straight edge will give you the visuals of which you speak.  So no, the
Crownulator is not the Holy Grail.

It's not an arbitrary point.  I try to measure from the same point under the
center of the treble bridge wherever possible.  That is very useful when one
is measuring  a new board unloaded, loaded to set bearing, and loaded after
stringing.

Nothing prevents one from combining the Crownulator readings with string
visualizations, as one sees the need to fully flesh out the picture.

Will