[pianotech] Emailing: David Love.pdf

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Jun 22 09:32:38 MDT 2011

That works.  I email virtually all my invoices (mostly I get paid when the
service is delivered except for institutions and the occasional client who
is not at home) and file them on the computer using this invoice numbering
system: 20110622 (for 6/22/2011).  This will store them in chronological
order.  You can also add the name for quick reference without opening the
file, for example, 20110622 Smith.  Or if there's more than on in a day than
add a,b,c,e, etc.  All checks received are logged individually into a spread
sheet that I've created in excel that looks like this (you'll need to switch
to html).  Each deposit will have all checks listed.  This helps me keep
track of sales tax as well and the columns can be totaled easily.  So now I
have a log of all checks received and a separate invoice number logging
system to cross reference to see if a payment has been made.  I keep a
separate list of active receivables, there aren't usually that many.  I have
a separate excel sheet for logging all expenses in categories that
correspond to Schedule C categories.  There are, of course, programs that do
this as well.  I use Quicken so that functions as a backup system should
these files get destroyed somehow.

Piano Income 2011

Nbr

Date of Dep.