[pianotech] Customer dilemma

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Jun 19 18:09:44 MDT 2011

Karma. Though I wouldn't have promised a "positive" report--sounds like
you're asking him for a bribe.  I would have said before I write *any*
report.  And, btw, if the piano weren't worth giving a positive report on,
I'd have felt no obligation.

Unfortunately, the world is not generally so just as to present these reops.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com

One funny incident:  Quite a few years ago, I did a tuning for a
client.  He had to take off, left me in the house, and asked me to leave
him an invoice, which I am always happy to do.  Never received a
payment, even after several phone calls.  Flash forward a number of
years, a regular client asked me to examine a piano she was interested
in buying through an ad in the paper.  Yep - same guy who hadn't paid me
years ago.  I showed up at the house, explained I was there to evaluate
the piano, but before I could give a positive report, I needed the back
payment he owed me.  (He evidently didn't remember my face when I
arrived.)  He went off to write a check and sheepishly presented it to
me before I left.  Busted!!

Randy Rush,RPT
Seattle