[pianotech] Suggestions for sticking dampers

martin cipolla pianodoctor at msn.com
Sat Jun 4 18:07:07 MDT 2011

The Piano is a Steinway M.  Perhaps 40 years old.  Sticking dampers are a reoccurring problem.  I have eased the damper holes,
and used 0000 steel wool on the damper wires and still the dampers stick with any major weather change.  For some reason the
customer is not interested in a Damp Chaser being put on the instrument.  I can use some suggestions on a fix that would be
longer lasting.  HELP !!!

MARTY