[pianotech] business license?

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Fri Jun 3 20:57:13 MDT 2011

I think what you wrote is an important distinction that often confuses the
issues.  My knowledge of business practices in WI is as an S-Corp, I can't
speak to LLC's or Sole Proprieters.  But from my perspective, WI is a
"no-license" state.  That doesn't mean "a complete lack of registration."  I
AM required to have a Federal EIN (tax number) and a State tax number.
 Those are the only two numbers used in filing any of my quarterly reports.
 And as I said, that may be because I'm an S-Corp.  I'd be interested to
know if Sole Proprieters have the option of acquiring a state TIN (EIN) vs.
having a business license under which they then file sales and income taxes
for the state.  As I wrote before, anyone can purchase a business license if
they WANT to, but, at least for an S-Corp, it is not required - perhaps
because it IS required to have Federal and State TIN's

William R. Monroe

SNIP

A concept I find hard to grasp is the complete lack of any registration or

--
William R. Monroe, RPT
A440-William R. Monroe Piano Services, Inc.