[pianotech] business license?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Jun 3 17:32:59 MDT 2011

I don't know if I'd go that far.  Some states and localities have no
requirements, some industries are regulated more than others, sometimes a
business registration fee is all that's required, if you are doing business
as a dba then you may need a fictitious business name statement.  On the
other hand some states have no sales tax on either parts or services
(California taxes parts but not services) and so that requirement may not
exist.  Best just to check the state and local requirements.  Most states
have a website that will give the information required depending on the type
of business you run such as the one I've copied below.  Public agencies and
institutions may require licensing in order for you to work for them.

http://www.revenue.alabama.gov/licenses/index.html

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com