[pianotech] Is this the work of an RPT?

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Wed Aug 31 05:32:32 MDT 2011

Greetings,
         The quality of work done is often a reflection of the craftsperson's ethics, rather than their ability.  Expertise has little advantage over laziness, and there is no way to enforce ethics at this level.  As a profession, we have always favored our freedom from regulation over attempts to cleanse the Guild of the occasional butcher. Quality creates its own market, and poor quality work is the backdrop upon which a careful,(and caring), technician can build their reputation.  Be glad the guy isn't a surgeon.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/index.html