[pianotech] Feds confiscating musical instrument materials

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Aug 28 11:12:47 MDT 2011

On 8/28/2011 12:19 AM, Charles Vetter wrote:
> Many years ago, Martin Guitars bought an enormous band saw with a 6'
> throat to resaw large logs of Indian rosewood. Contemporaneously, the
> Indians decided that only cut lumber would leave the country. Who knew???
> Chuck

Seems to me this was done with teak too, only you couldn't even get cut
lumber. It had to be made into a product for export. So for a few years,
everywhere you looked, huge teak cutting boards and shallow routed flat
trays with thick bottoms were stacked up for sale. This is the sort of
thing that happens when government gets to write it's own job description.

Ron N