[pianotech] Multifunction tool

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Aug 20 13:26:58 MDT 2011

On 8/20/2011 2:09 PM, Joseph Garrett wrote:
> Not anymore. It took me longer to track
> down all of the wayward shank ends, than it did to cut them off! Many
> thanks Ron.

You betcha Joe. I've always been willing to be spoiled, and I assume
others are too. I recently used it to trim the shoe peg and dowel plugs
on a bridge root I recapped. Absolutely terrific!

Another thing about plugging bridge roots with wood (instead of
thickened epoxy): Dale Erwin had complained that Titebond was gummy when
he drilled the new holes. The Franklin Assembly 65 that WN&G sells dries
harder and drills (and saws) very cleanly. Recommended for this use, and
any other that needs a hard cold glue. It won't replace Titebond for me,
but it's a first rate addition.

Ron N