[pianotech] Bridle Tape End Punch

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 18:50:15 MDT 2011

I noticed that too! I've never been happy with the suede or vinyl tips. I
have seen some 100 year old actions with felt bridle tapes that still work
well. It seems superior to leather, which eventually falls apart. Felt would
be easier to get on and off the wires too. I wonder why leather has become
so standard, when it is one of the first things that breaks down on an old
action?

Ryan

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT