[pianotech] Bridle Tape End Punch

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Wed Aug 17 16:08:04 MDT 2011

I noticed in the my.ptg pianotech postings (I no longer post there  for
the time being, but browse occasionally), that there was discussion of a
nice alcohol burner. But what caught my eye was that at the bottom of
the ebay page that displys it, is another catalog item from the same
chinese company, for a bridle tape end punch.

A year or two I grumbled in here about the fact that tape ends are no
longer available from the UK suppliers. Whoever used to cut them from
leather for Heckschers no longer does so.  I mused on here about how one
might get a cutter. US suppliers don't seem to have tape ends either  I
got some nice tape ends from Jahn in Germany, but it's not a cheap
option.  And now I see that there is a cutter!
http://cgi.ebay.com/very-High-quality-Piano-tool-Alcohol-burner-1623-/170683248017?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bd83ad91

Must see if this item can be obtained and shipped to the UK!

Best regards,

David Boyce.