[pianotech] resisting the CA gospel

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Aug 16 10:14:34 MDT 2011

On 8/16/2011 10:34 AM, Dean May wrote:
> More like a personal preference to use a hand powered drill over an
> electric. Color of socks (I don't wear any during the summer, btw) doesn't
> do anything to help solve problems working on old pianos. CA does and it is
> a very powerful tool in the arsenal. Nobody is obligating you to use it,
> Ron. But don't pretend it has no useful purpose in working on pianos.

I don't know why I can't voice an opinion here without it turning into a
stupid war. If you think I pretended CA wasn't useful, it's in your own
mind. I said no such thing. I said I don't carry it, and don't intend
to. I couldn't care less what you use it on, how much, how often, or
what flavor. You have my blessing to use gallons of it if that works for
you. I also couldn't care less about what you think of my not carrying
CA. It's not your decision. It's mine, so evangelize at someone else. I
made a statement of personal preference. That's it. I don't have to
justify it to your satisfaction, and I'm not trying to cram it down your
throat, but I don't apparently get a similar courtesy.

I didn't even bring it up at all. You did.

Ron N