[pianotech] Damper Felt

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 14:53:18 MDT 2011

At 15:04 -0400 21/04/2011, Dale Erwin wrote:

>Has anyone used the Damper felt from the Steinway plant in Queens?
>It seems softer than the Japanese stuff I typically use. Its not
>that expensive...IMO

I presume the cut sets I get for Steinways are from Steinway NY.
Perhaps the clip, wedge and split are a bit softer.  As for the flats
I don't know how they compare with the Japanese felt because I make
all my treble felts myself from sheets of Laoureux (French) felt.
This and the Steinway stuff is very similar if not the same.

I don't buy cut sets except for Steinway.

JD