[pianotech] Polyester finish blemish

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 21 00:33:41 MDT 2011

Hi, Rob:
	Alll you need to do is to bevel the chipped edges with a blade and pour
some black poly into the chipped area.  When it's hardened, sand it flush
to the surface, then use progressively finer sandpaper up to 1500 grit and
use polishing compounds to buff out the sanding scratches.
	You can get the polyester materials from Ruth Phillips at Allied Piano,
including all necessary sandpapers and buffing compounds.
	If you have any questions, you can call me.

	Paul McCloud
	San Diego
	(858) 581-6744

plain text...  Thanks, Patrick.

> Greetings,
>
> My client wanted to replace the hardware on his rusted piano (a 2004
Kohler & Campbell, KGC650). He figured he could save a bit by doing this
part himself. In the process of removing the lock assembly for replacement,
the finish chipped. He said it felt like the finish was glued to the
hardware. He didn’t apply a tool in this area, it came off when the
hardware came off (this is the new part in the photo).