[pianotech] CA glue for split fall ?

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 9 09:29:30 MDT 2011

Hi, JD:
	You might or might not have good luck with CA, especially if you use the
very thin stuff.  It wicks in instantly, but then there's not enough of it
left on the surface to create much of a bond.  The thicker kind of CA glue
is better because it will fill a gap and not wick in as much.  But then,
how  do you get it into a fine crack? 	You may be able to get thin CA glue
into the crack, let it set up, and then do it again.  The first try will
seal the wood and then maybe the second pass will do the trick.
	 Jim Coleman, Jr. sells an amazing kind of CA glue that is far superior to
any ordinary CA glue.  I picked some up at the last convention.  It can
actually glue two pieces of nylon together.  It is extremely strong, much
stronger than CA glue by far.  You can contact Jim Coleman at
jcpianoman at colemantools,com or visit his website: www.colemantools.com.
I'm not sure if this glue is available in water-thin, but it's worth
checking into.
	You might also try water-thin epoxy.

	Good luck,
	Paul McCloud