[pianotech] Howard C171 #42733

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 13:06:17 MDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Ken & Pat Gerler <
kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I had a customer call asking me about a "Howard" Grand Model C171, serial
> number 42733.  I suggested with that model and serial number information it
> was probably a "Samik" product.  They had called Gibson and been told it was
> a 1959 product, but whomever it was had looked in Pierce under Howard and
> didn't read the description that those numbers were for spinets and
> consoles.
>
> Any one have an idea as to age and manufacturer?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ken Gerler
> kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net

I tune a Howard C140 made by Samick, they turned to Samick after Kawai,
check there.

Mike

--

I think we are a product of all our experiences.
Sanford I. Weill<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/sanfordiw283095.html>

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404